Tuesday, March 3, 2009

check all that apply

Lately, I've been doing some dating. I know that dating is supposed to be fun and it mostly is. But sometimes it can be a little frustrating and mind-boggling. After a couple rejections following what seemed like fun/good dates, I would like some feedback (To my overly "helpful" friends: I'm really just saying this, please don't actually give me "constructive criticism." I don't want it). But really, sometimes it doesn't make sense why a boy doesn't call back.

So this is what I propose: If, after a week, a boy doesn't call you back following what seemed like a good date (don't bother with the bad ones, I think it's usually pretty obvious what went wrong with those), send them an "Exit Survey" to get a little feedback on what went wrong. It can look something like this:

I did not call you back because: (check all that apply)
  • You are way too hot for me (I'm a 4 and you're a 7)
  • You dated my roommate 2 years ago (this one actually happened... whoops)
  • I got busy
  • I met someone else
  • You talk too much
  • You don't talk enough
  • You're boring
  • You had food in your teeth
  • You were awkward
  • I'm too awkward
  • I'm a pussy
  • You seemed a little bit like a psycho
  • I'm intimidated by your intelligence
  • You ordered a gin and tonic
  • We do not share similar religious views
  • We do not share similar political views
  • You ate too much
  • You didn't eat enough
  • You were a little ditzy
  • You went on and on about your ex-boyfriends
  • I'm afraid of redheads
  • I'm looking for something long-term and you're going away to med school
  • I really just wanted to make out and all I got was a hug
  • We went straight to the friend zone
  • I'm just not that into you
  • I'm really into you but got in a terrible accident and have been in the hospital for a week
  • I meant to call but haven't had a chance yet
  • I'm a big douchebag
The list can go on, but I think you get the point. And please don't think this post is filled with the bitterness of a single 26 year-old woman who has been repeatedly rejected. Because really, it's not. Sometimes, I just think it would be nice to get some answers...

1 comment: