Sunday, July 5, 2009

Attack of the Giant Saint!

I climbed up inside this guy's head, you guys! It is the Sacro Monte of Saint Charles in Arona which is on Lake Maggiore. The statue is 35 meters high and you can climb up inside his head and look through his eyes (or if you are ten years old or are named Giacomo or Jackie, you can pick his nose...from the inside).

The climb up was seriously dangerous. First of all, they make you wear a helmet. They also make children wear full climbing harnesses which is a little unsettling. Even more unsettling was how they let me climb up a tiny little ladder with flip flops on. Also there was only a metal bar to hold onto and my hands were uber clammy. I almost died! Okay, no I didn't. Overall, it was pretty fun and the view (and picking his nose... Even though he's a Saint) was totally worth it.

Also, today was my last day in Italy/on Eurotrip '09. Sad! I've had an amazing time... I can't believe it is already over!


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment