Sunday, September 12, 2010

Teach me how to Dougie

Last weekend at retreat something really awkward happened to me. In fact, it was so embarrassing that I've waited over a week to share it with you guys.

I was at a party in someone's hotel room when "Teach Me How To Dougie" came on and EVERYONE in the room started to aggressively do The Dougie. Except for me. Because I had never heard the song before (and so obviously knowing the dance was out of the question). I was so stunned/caught off guard that I kind of just froze (and/or blacked out... I'm still not entirely sure).

Finally, I came to and asked some kid what the song was. "You've never heard this?!" He kind of laughed. (OMG, I thought, I'm officially old and totally out of touch).

"Wait," I said, "When did this come out? Over the summer?" I was desperate at this point to prove that I'm not that socially retarded after all... I'd been out of the country for 2 months and pretty much away from all forms of media (If you remember, I didn't even know about those effing iPads!!).
"Uh, yeah sure." (The real answer: no).
"Oh thank god," I replied. "You see, I was out of the country... I didn't hear any new music." (such desperation!! As if he cared about my lame excuse).
He kind of nodded, rolled his eyes a little, and Dougied away from me.

OMG, you guys!! It was mortifying! And so, so weird! Imagine an entire room of people breaking out in song and dance and you being completely out of the loop. It was awful.

For those of you still out of the loop (suckers!), here's the link to the YouTube video (sorry, couldn't embed it).

And for those of you who need a more family-friendly lesson on how to Dougie, here are some kids from Glee walking you through the dance. (GLEE, you guys!!)

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! I totally busted out with this at work last week and my coworkers almost fell over... they didn't even know what hit 'em! BTW. Glee. It's coming. Soon. Get ready. So excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEST comeback post EVER! i loveeee it! i expect you to be dougie-ing at our next social gathering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i showed bryant this post for his study break and he loved it but was incapabale of posting on your wall himself.. so here i am.. his fav was "dougied away from me" :)

    ReplyDelete