Friday, October 22, 2010

YouTube

Have any of you guys ever heard of a www.YouTube.com? It's this website where people can upload, share, and view videos. And it's AWESOME.

Okay, yeah. I know. YouTube was invented a while ago (actually, according to wikipedia:YouTube, it was created in Spring of 2005, which is also when I graduated from college. This is totally depressing because I can't imagine a world before YouTube, yet I'm unwilling to fully come to terms with the fact that I've been out of college for so long).

Anyway, lately, I've become completely obsessed with it. As in, I can't get enough of it. Like, the first thing I do when I get home is check it for new videos... or, let's be honest, watch the same Oldies but Goodies over and over and over again. Throughout the day, I walk around thinking of my favorite clips, sometimes singing outloud and/or acting them out... in public. Really, YouTube might be the only thing that makes me happy in my sad, pathetic, med school-filled life.

Here are some additional signs that I might have a YouTube problem:
  • Instead of actually talking to people I haven't seen in a while (relatives, old friends, etc.), we just get out a computer and spend hours watching different videos.
  • Sis-T has made the Bed Intruder Song the ringtone for when I call her:

  • I'm going to dress up as 4 year-old in pj's for Halloween, because I just love Jessica's "Daily Affirmation" video so much (sure, this costume is random and will be completely unrecognizable/not funny to like 97% of the people I run into, but I still love it so much):

  • I've convinced my friends to also dress up as YouTube characters for Halloween... and they're GOING TO DO IT*.
I guess things could be worse. Right now, most of these activities still involve social interaction. I mean, it's not my fault Sis-T also happens to love the Bed Intruder Song. Or that my friends were lacking costume ideas. Or that other people also seem to love watching and talking about their favorite videos... for hours at a time.

Oh, and just so you know, this is the video that finally sent me over the edge and convinced me to blog about my love for YouTube:
Are you kidding me?! It's a BIRD! Dancing to a ridiculous song written by a 9 year-old!!! OMG I love it.


*In case you were wondering: they're going to be Keyboard Cat and Zombie Turtle Kid.

2 comments:

  1. the bird is RIDICULOUS! and your halloween idea is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say, one of the things that struck me the most about your post was the parrot video, because I already love that song. Not surprised that Kris would comment on that as well.

    ReplyDelete