Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I'm back!!

Okay guys, I'm back!! I know. You were all super worried about how I've been out of the country for super long and wondered if I would ever make it home. Well good news: I made it! After 27 hours of traveling from Europe and a wedding in San Luis Obispo, I'm back in the OC. Phew! That was a close one :)

It turns out A LOT has happened while I was away and since I was pretty much out of touch, I had NO IDEA it was all going down. This led to many shocking surprises upon my return, followed by many "You didn't hear about that?!" comments after.

Here are some things that happened:

1) The MS1's got free iPads. Okay, yeah, so my reaction is a little late, but WTF?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! I couldn't contain my disbelief/mask my reaction appropriately when I first heard this news (which of course came from a group of my classmates who had all heard when it was actually going down). To be honest, I'm still having a hard time dealing with this. And yeah, it stung a little when a random business professor from UCI asked me and K how we liked our iPads while we were preparing our Honduras poster as Starbiz earlier today. Whatever. I chose My Precious (Kindle, for those of you not in the know) over an iPad earlier this summer, so those MS1's with their free iPads can suck it. That's right. You heard me.

2) There was a Salmonella outbreak. "How random that you got Salmonella," I said to classmate, J, earlier this week, "I mean, who even gets that?!" "You didn't hear?" She said, "Actually there was a national outbreak and they're recalling a bunch of eggs." Oh. My bad. Sorry I didn't keep up with the Salmonella Outbreak News while I was abroad.

3) Quizno's has a new commercial with cute little kitties in it.


Both of my roommates felt the need to tell me FIRST THING about this commercial that "reminded them of me." Ummm... thanks?

But even better, while I was looking up the video just now, I found a video called "Quiznos Kittens Turbo Techno Jam!!!" AWESOME!! I see that I've missed a lot while I've been away. (Also, I would like to add that this is not the first time I've blogged about a Quiznos commercial. I hope you all remember the classic, "Toasty Torpedo" commercial).

4) Actually, that's all that I can think of right now. But seriously, free iPads?!

1 comment:

  1. Ummm... ya, so, I found out about the iPads when it first happened and I'm still not over it. It hurts.... and doesn't seem to be getting better :(

    ReplyDelete