Monday, June 28, 2010

And we're off (for real)!

A day later, we're finally on a plane leaving LAX. And we got upgraded to 1st class! We spent the day cruising around LA. We had to drive to Koreatown to get the refund for the overbooked flight, which led to a trip to Scoops for some yummy icecream. Highlight of the LA trip: getting a nod of recognition from a redheaded man crossing the street in front of us. It went down something like this:
K and S: "J look a fellow redhead!" At this point the Gingerman glanced in our direction, looked at me, smiled and nodded. I responded with a "flame on" (international redhead greeting).

In the evening K and S (my travel buddies from med school) got a glimpse of my awesome roots at a family dinner at my aunt and uncle's house. "Now we understand why you're so... Special" they commented. Dinner was a hit. My little cousins were adorable (8 year old USC football-obsessed G: "USC has been to a lot of Rose Bowls but can't go now because of sanctions"). We watched the quality film "Blades of Glory." Sis-T and I did some Barn dancing (did you know I went to farm camp for 10 years? ha. Of course you did. I'm obsessed with it). Little cousin A's ridiculously cute teacup terrier, Lulu, won everybody over with her cute face and tiny tongue hanging out (just trust me on this one.... It's unbearably cute).

Ok. I've gtg. Time to fly to Honduras (via El Salvador). Did I mention we're in 1st class?

1 comment:

  1. muahahaha.. you spoke too soon! now you have to take the "for real" part back.

    ReplyDelete