Sunday, June 28, 2009

Florence

So my cycling trip ended yesterday in Florence. *tear* It was definitely sad to say goodbye to people and now I'm having a hard time dealing with the fact that I won't be cycling anytime too soon. I'm pretty sure I've been bit by the cycling bug and I do see myself purchasing a bike in the future (I'm pretty sure I'll have plenty of time for stuff like cycling during med school, right?).



But anyway, back to Florence. It was pretty fun! In the evening, I walked around with Ben the law student (who also happened to take art history in college, which was helpful as we wandered around the city) and checked out the sites (Duomo, Ponte Vecchio, blah blah blah... I've actually been to Florence before and had seen these already). This pic is a view of the Duomo from down the street. Then I met up with Thai and Tara for dinner. We crossed the river and hung out where all the real Florentines go (according to our guide). The town really livened up past 11:30! Even moms/grannies were out with their babies! There were tons of people in the streets and a bunch of cool little concerts going on (and they were definitely concerts and not just street performers). We ended the night at the retarded bar under my hotel. The entertainment consisted of a drunk guy playing songs on his ipod and singing along to them on a microphone. Oh and he was kind of crouched on the bar as he was doing it. So special.



Today I walked around a little more and got some cheesy souvenirs before hopping on a train to Milan to see the Taravellas. Yay! I'm so excited to see my little Italian brother, Giacomo! Only about an hour or so to go!





Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment