Saturday, June 13, 2009

I made it to Provence!

After a trip on the TGV (first time... We should definitely get one in Cali) I made it to Arles. Although my bike trip technically starts tomorrow morning in Nimes, I got a little biking in early. It was ridiculous! I had no idea I'd be doing this (I happened to be on the train with the bike coordinator on our trip). We got into the station, it is pretty warm (thinking would just walk to the hotel, I had a rolley suitcase, a big purse and I'm wearing jeans). Next thing I know, we're biking through the streets of Arles! Nicolas, the guide, had bungeed my rolley to the back of his bike and was cruising down the street with my suitcase in tow and another bike alongside him(the picture is of the bungee/rolley set up). Meanwhile I have my big purse over my head but it has fallen around my neck leaving me totally off-balance. So I'm swerving around and trying not to crash/die. It was hilarious. And we totally made it okay so yay!

I still need to update you all about my amazing time with Francois but for now I need to go to bed. I have a big day tomorrow!

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jax: Sounds like you are really enjoying yourself--good for you. I am envious. Just before you left I was invited to go with your mom, Tracy, Erin & your mom's golf friends to see Dirty Dancing and had dinner on Sunset Blvd. afterward. It was great. Then Fri. the 12th the seniors of MB (20 in all) went to the Doheny Mansion in Bev. Hills to see a murder mystery play with professional actors. It was about the murder/suicide of the son of Mr. Doheny--oil millionaire--and the son's valet. It was never solved but the son, who was Catholic was not buried in a Catholic graveyard and therefore it was assumed that he murdered his valet and committed suicide. It was quite good. The Mansion must have been quite a place in its hey day--late 1800 to 1927. And what a view they had. We all enjoyed it. Keep enjoying yourself and will follow your experiences. Thanks for doing this.

    Love, Grandma W.

    ReplyDelete