Sunday, June 21, 2009

Tuscany Day One

So I've started the second week of my cycling trip, which goes around Tuscany. We had a pretty easy day - only about 40k, but there were some intense hills! Sadly, I had to walk my bike twice (weak). The beginning of the trip kinda sucked because it was cold and really really windy. It was actually so windy that at one point I was worried that my bike and I would be blown over. Luckily, the weather improved after lunch and for the rest of the ride. Really, I'm just glad it wasn't raining; last night, we had a HUGE thunderstorm and I was afraid it would continue through the day.



With this new tour, I get a new group and guide. Again, we're a super small group - only 4 of us plus a guide. So far, everyone seems cool. There is a 23 year old guy who is about to start law school at UC Irvine (I told him we could be besties next year at school... Haha) and a young couple (early 30's?) who are also from Cali. Our guide is Catherine, who just moved to Italy from New York. I think it'll be a good group (at least there are girls in this one... No more sausage-fest like last week... Okay, who am I kidding? The s-fest was fun).



Okay, well it's about time for dinner. I wonder what kind of feast we have before us! Good thing I cycle all day or I would end up obese from all the food I've been eating :) My life is so hard.



Oh, as for the picture: I'm sitting right next to this archway looking out at this view as I blog (I am in the small town of Certaldo).



Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

  1. any gossip about UCI Law school dude? I wanna hear some romance on a bike!

    ReplyDelete