Monday, June 22, 2009

Stormy Weather

I'm so hardcore, you guys. Today we went to San Gimignano AKA the Manhattan of Italy because of its stone towers which are early versions of skyscrapers. But whatever, the town was cool and the ride there was beautiful blah blah blah.



After lunch, we got gelato (yes! I love gelato... This could be one of the best parts of Italy) and noticed that the sky had turned black with scary storm clouds. Since we had already spent some time checking out the city and Certaldo (where we are staying) was only 14k away, we decided to make a run for it and try to get home before the storm hit. Of course, we were totally too late and got hit by the storm like 30 seconds after leaving (for those of you who remember the perfect storm that hit Galveston, TX during sailing spring break '03, this was a total "maybe we should head in now" moment). So anyway, I'm like racing down this huge hill, the rain is pouring - I think there may have even been some hail, the wind is howling and gusting, cars are rushing by, and lightning is striking right in front of me. It was so hardcore. Once we got back, we had to cut the rest of our riding day short and now I'm just chilling in the hotel (boring). But the ride earlier was super exciting!

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment