Sunday, January 18, 2009

Thar She Blows!

I've been in Cabo San Lucas for a few days now.  This is my fourth visit and, without a doubt, the tamest.  Previous visits have involved parasailing, booze cruises, drunken bargaining, and family members being dragged from the marina by federales.  This time around, this vacation has included relaxation without the drama.

But anyway, today we did the best thing ever.  We went on a sunset whale watching dinner cruise.  This activity combined so many things that I love: sunsets, Mexicans (and mexican food), cheesy music, pina coladas, and WHALES.  I effing love whales.  As in I'm obsessed with them and act like a 5 year old kid at the thought of seeing them.  When I first saw the spout, I gasped dramatically and pointed.  I then spent the next half hour hanging over the side of the boat pointing my camera and squealing with glee every time the whales surfaced.  I almost missed dinner because of my obsession with the two humpback whales we were following.  Even when we were in line for dinner, I kept glancing over the side to catch a glimpse of the whales along the side of the boat.

This was almost as good as Bear Watch 2007.

Also, Cabo smells like farts/sewer at night.  It's kind of a mystery.  Where does the smell come from?  Why does it only come at night?  So weird/gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment